This past winter I have been learning about medicinal mushrooms. A few of my favourites mushrooms are Cordyceps and Chaga.
I could talk your ear off about the health benefits of mushrooms, but for the purpose of this post I will keep it as short and to the point.
Chaga is known for its high amounts of antioxidants, its anti-inflammatory properties, and its immune support benefits. Whereas cordyceps is used for energy and supporting the cardiovascular system. Both also work great for supporting the adrenals and balancing hormones.
I love in cooperating them into coffee’s, teas, smoothies and now chocolates!
These chocolates are great pre-workout. They are packed with healthy fats, and super SHROOMS!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
• ¼-1/2 cup pure honey or maple syrup depending on sweetness
• 2Tbsp of mushroom powder (Chaga or Cordyceps)
• 1 cup of crushed nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews)
• Sprinkle with Coconut and Sea Salt
1. In a saucepan, combine cocoa powder and virgin coconut oil. Melt on low heat, stirring continuously.
2. Add honey and stir for 1-2 minutes until combined.
3. Remove from heat. Let cool for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add in nuts, coconut, mushroom powders
5. Line an 8×8 glass dish with parchment paper or mini muffin tins. Pour chocolate mixture into the dish.
6. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes (or until hard).
7. Remove from the freezer, break into squares and enjoy!
8. Store in the fridge or freezer, otherwise chocolate bark will melt.